Published: April 5th, 2013 at 10:55 pm ET
NHK WORLD English: Tokyo Electric Power Company says a small amount of radioactive water may have seeped out of an underground water storage facility at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. The water contained strontium. [...] The level of radioactivity is considered by the utility to be low. [...] The utility recently constructed 7 large-scale underground facilities for storing the water after removing some radioactive substances. Each facility can accommodate up to 14,000 tons of water. [...]
RIA Novosti: The company operating the disaster-hit Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant (NPP) in northern Japan warned about the possibility of radioactive water leak, the Kyodo news agency reported on Friday. [...] Radioactive substances have been detected in the water that accumulated outside the tank, covered by three layers of waterproof sheets. The exact volume of leak is unknown, but radiation levels in the water stand at about 6,000 Becquerel per cubic centimeter. [...]
Published: April 5th, 2013 at 1:31 pm ET
Fukushima Diary (h/t Anonymous tip): By this January, 96% of contaminated water storage facility was full. They made 4 holes underground and has been using them for the emergency water storage facility. On 4/5/2013, Tepco announced they found the highly contaminated water leaking into the ground. [...] Tepco is going to hold an emergency press conference at 1:30AM of 4/6/2013 (JST). [...] See Tepco‘s announcement here
See also: Japan Engineer: Fukushima contaminated water to go in giant pit -- "It can easily be discharged underground" (VIDEO)
- Kyodo: Radioactive leak is up to 120 tons from Fukushima Daiichi tank (VIDEO) April 5, 2013
- Tepco gets gov’t warning about radioactive leak from Fukushima Daiichi — “At this time we have reserved the right to not provide an English version due to potential misunderstandings” April 6, 2012
- Radioactive waste to be buried underground at Fukushima Daiichi? (PHOTOS) September 10, 2012
- Tepco Official: Fukushima Daiichi is on ocean and groundwater is close to surface — A ‘daunting challenge’ to keep radioactive material from spreading? January 18, 2013
- Fukushima Daiichi Worker: Nothing can be done except to leak radioactive water! — Honestly feel that we are dumping massive amounts into ocean — Will spread all over world, reaching Hawaii and US soon May 8, 2012
Get your EDC Supplies/Tools/Blades @ Our New e-Commerce Site:
ABC San Diego: Alarming report of Fukushima fallout harming U.S. infants (VIDEO) »
Knowledge Partnership Education
Madtown Preppers Alerts are for informational use only. These alerts purpose is to inform you of news events in order for you to adjust your family preparedness programs. We believe that knowledge is power and in order for you to make informed decisions, we try and bring you verified information, not to increase fear but to inform you. We do not endorse any of the sources we link to in any article.
|Solar GoPak Backpack Charger/Battery from NebShip e-Store|
Welcome to NebShip Shop.We invite you to browse through our store and shop with confidence. We invite you to create an account with us if you like, or shop as a guest. Either way, your shopping cart will be active until you leave the store.
Thank you for visiting.