Truth Like a River...
|#Fukushima Daiichi Waste Water Storage Tanks - Over 1000 at facility | "Worst Case Scenario" - MP Blog|
Nuclear Official: #Tepco made Fukushima plant into a “machine for generating radioactive water” — Runoff from molten atomic cores now in groundwater, ocean — ‘Air cooling’ should be used
Published: August 27th, 2013 at 12:48 am ET
Author: Yuriy Humber & Jacob Adelman
Date: Aug 26, 2013
As Tepco pumps thousands of tons of water through the wrecked Fukushima station to cool the melted cores of three reactors, the tainted runoff was found to be leaking into groundwater and the ocean. The approach to cooling and scrapping the plant will need to change and include technologies developed outside Japan if the cleanup is to succeed, said Vladimir Asmolov, first deputy director general of Rosenergoatom, Russia’s state-owned nuclear utility. [...]See also: "Ultimate, worst-case scenario" underway at Fukushima? New York Times: Experts suspect intense contamination is seeping out from under melted-down reactors and into Pacific -- Will surpass even the leaks from disaster’s early days
After 29 months of trying to contain the radiation from Fukushima’s molten atomic cores, Tepco said last week it will reach out for international expertise [...]
“It was clear for a long time that Tepco was not adequately coping with the situation,” Asmolov said. [...]
The idea of pumping water for cooling was never going to be anything but a “machine for generating radioactive water,” Asmolov said. Other more complex methods, such as the use of special absorbents like thermoxide to clean contaminated water and the introduction of air cooling, should be used, he said. [...]
|The Great Ice Wall - MP Blog 4.8.2013|
- Nuclear Experts: Portion of Fukushima’s molten fuel believed to have “moved into earth” — Melted cores contacting groundwater may be cause of recent spike in radiation levels -CTV August 24, 2013
- HuffPost: They covertly let water from Fukushima reactors flow into Pacific Ocean — Remains unclear what’s happened to melted cores — World’s worst atomic catastrophe is very far from over August 15, 2013
- Japan Times: Discharges of Fukushima nuclear material into Pacific “have effectively contaminated the sea” — Melted reactor cores will burn again if water not perpetually poured in — “Tepco proposing some of it be dumped into ocean” May 20, 2013
- Tepco Official: Fukushima Daiichi is on ocean and groundwater is close to surface — A ‘daunting challenge’ to keep radioactive material from spreading? January 18, 2013
- Record levels of radioactive material detected at Fukushima — 600,000 Bq/liter in groundwater — Official: May be seeping from reactors into ocean July 8, 2013
- http://madtownpreppers.blogspot.com/2013/08/alaska-newspaper-concern-fukushima.html August 26, 2013
- Opinion #Fukushima: At the Very Least, Your Days of Eating Pacific Fish are Over | collapsingintoconsciousness.com - See more at: http://madtownpreppers.blogspot.com/#sthash.1bSNhEVL.dpuf
MP Off Grid Living/EV Page
|fb: Madtown Preppers Page +Madtown Preppers @MadtownPreppers|
Madtown Preppers Alerts are for informational use only. These alerts purpose is to inform you of news events in order for you to adjust your family preparedness programs. We believe that knowledge is power and in order for you to make informed decisions, we try and bring you verified information, not to increase fear but to inform you. We do not endorse any of the sources we link to in any article.
Welcome to #NebShipShop.Browse through our store and shop with confidence. We invite you to create an account with us if you like, or shop as a guest. Either way, your shopping cart will be active until you leave the store. We Ship Immediately. 100% Guarantee.
Thank you for visiting.